|Re: New macOS 2.1.0 release candidate (Was: [hatari-devel] crash on the osx gui)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: Hatari devel list <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: New macOS 2.1.0 release candidate (Was: [hatari-devel] crash on the osx gui)
- From: Bob Carpenter <hatari@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 19:49:38 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ripon89-us.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=sender:from:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject:date :references:to:in-reply-to:message-id; bh=SbE77PXNeUFwG7oXSM7RZ5fEK98DaRVroFDOKoXy1uQ=; b=Ga32epMspG+LkGzTibWZa+7Yfmfd1xIl3hMKVvkMONd4E0hKr9+H/ItK0ksl/ysj/C eVVQPmzN87sPmO9sFxtlESb0zR9lzebKKFhs1cIqQQP2/YTGzZud5zqkbJchuIfGg4rd qFh+aQvNh+6ChWWawIpLc2Zxle2ksckhggrqvRgg997iwuMGyEMk00mlyjhKuTC3w44d jBqYRDPDhoLogeDMT/BMXY5Icsi0G2K+rchgsjCVKURBENEoc+VRJbuLp2zOzXCrHFwy NxXqjC8CSaXNUykL76EBMSPUG0gNa0Ee8uUgr5gxYBq8aCeq1a6HNupgL2vigjllzCUo G+Pg==
I think this is a good release candidate.
Since I have seen the emails regarding instances where Hatari does not match expected macOS behavior, I would ask that people understand that none of the core Hatari developers use anything but Linux. With that said, they have been helpful when questions have arisen in the macOS GUI. There are a very few people who support the macOS GUI.
In my opinion, a good way to handle these bug requests is if we could add them to the TODO text file or if a separate macOS TODO file needs to be kept in the repository. That way, these items could be worked on as time and interest permit. As far as the screenshots are concerned, it would probably be a good first step if the macOS GUI read the system screenshots directory and used that directory for saving screenshots.
While saving screenshots in /Applications (or /Applications/Hatari) is not a good practice, it will not damage a macOS system if this happens. At worst, someone is confused as to where their screenshot was saved. That is unfortunate, but I do not see it as an immediate problem.
I have also noticed the inconsistent behavior between the Preferences dialog and using the Load Config menu option. I admit that I work around the problem by running Default Folder X (macOS utility) which saves the last directory used and also allows me to very easily jump to different directories.
I just wanted to say that I very much appreciate the macOS GUI. I have used the Windows version for testing and I would not want to be dependent on simply using the SDL menu in order to access Hatari. I am not one of the macOS GUI maintainers, but I simply wanted to thank them for their work. As a Mac user, it makes using Hatari far more pleasant.
> On Feb 15, 2018, at 4:34 PM, Troed Sångberg <troed@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> FWIW, I tried unchecking "keep desktop resolution" also. That seemed to work just fine for displaying the ST screen in the right size as well. However, when I switched back Hatari segfaulted ;)
> Let's look at that later.
> -------- Original Message --------
> On February 15, 2018 11:31 PM, Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Le 15/02/2018 à 23:24, Troed Sångberg a écrit :
>>> "Keep desktop resolution" is checked in my config.
>>> I'm on a retina Macbook Pro 15"
>>> But in any case it doesn't seem to be a build issue :)
>> Yes, it might be fixable for the next Hatari release, and people will
>> be able to use your daily builts if needed, but at least it doesn't
>> prevent us for updating the 2.1 DMG, maybe tomorrow if there's no last
>> minute report.