|Re: New macOS 2.1.0 release candidate (Was: [hatari-devel] crash on the osx gui)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: New macOS 2.1.0 release candidate (Was: [hatari-devel] crash on the osx gui)
- From: Bob Carpenter <hatari@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 20:30:54 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ripon89-us.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=sender:from:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject:date :references:to:in-reply-to:message-id; bh=bd9HyHdViL7E2BlKbGK4ZtGIW6Ha55OOYZV0uFvpfkE=; b=f4e3XwEHe6upAUOiAMNf1FDAhPLaj1kfzAzmj7vtMLaIIslrbJY0EumDYCDlIt8xsu qHc3FuD2CxxKeBj41vXEtGZLho5BRpJrCxpcHZwETH5PYeIVx0wLSnTOql/2QIo12pCU Pd0EpJX/C8U/cEqVXzCRIVz7LetgZAN2vIO+A7X/34eFqvskDyDWpldlT9u9ENm8d9Qb Bsk7m4aCJ5rhhKxdn5RrXsBvWhf+v850V6xDln0IxgS1uNSObi2PkMLhJiMuDmWB/IUj Eb89VEkqpL5DFHFI2fs9t+52OwmzdMRN/O7gasoDRQTbIk5JXisV0nOeH5Ve3yvH6xSa GLJw==
I did not notice it because I have Hatari in a subdirectory of /Applications of which I am the owner. In that case, it does save the screenshot in that directory. Again, I agree this is not correct behavior for a macOS application. However, until someone has time to work on it, it is behavior that is unlikely to change. I do not have the appropriate Objective C knowledge (or the time) to work on changing this. Honestly, I can count on one hand the number of times that I have created screenshots from Hatari.
> On Feb 15, 2018, at 8:18 PM, Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Freitag, 16. Februar 2018 02:49:38 CET Bob Carpenter wrote:
>> While saving screenshots in /Applications (or /Applications/Hatari) is not a
>> good practice, it will not damage a macOS system if this happens
> The problem with this is that you normally won't have the permissions to write
> there, so screenshots won't be saved at all.