Re: [hatari-devel] Mega ST(E)

Am Sun, 15 May 2016 11:19:38 +0200
schrieb Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 15/05/2016 à 08:26, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Hm, ok, maybe it makes sense to keep the blitter option, since a
> > blitter could be added to the original STs, too.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > But does it really make sense to keep the RTC option? Was it
> > possible to solder an RTC into a plain ST/STE ? I think the RTC was
> > only available in the Mega machines, wasn't it? So it does not make
> > too much sense to provide this option for the plain ST and STE
> > machines, too, does it?
>
> If you want to stick to real Atari hardware, it does not make sense.
> But if Hatari wants to be better and more versatile (just like
> WinUAE), then that's a cool option.

Considering that we keep the blitter option, the only difference
between ST and Mega-ST is more or less the RTC ... so it does not make
sense to keep a separate option for this. If you want RTC, simply select
Mega ST, if you don't want RTC, select normal ST.

> As a long term goal, Hatari could also give the option to emulate
> additional hardware, such as ST-Replay cartridge, ICD AdSCSI ST
> real-time clock, additional IDE ports, even CT60 or real-world
> graphics cards...

I think there are some other things which are more important first,
e.g. SCSI emulation for TT and Falcon mode, better Videl support, etc.