Re: [hatari-devel] Mega ST(E)

Le 13/05/2016 21:41, Thomas Huth a écrit :
Am Wed, 11 May 2016 10:19:08 +0000
schrieb "Konador, Cyprian" <cyprian.konador@xxxxxxx>:

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Burrows
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 3:18

Hi Eero,
On 11 May 2016 at 0:10, Eero Tamminen wrote:

That link seems to be TT-only, but Roger mentions also Falcon, are
they the switches same for Falcon:

No, I was wrong, there are no switches for the Falcon.  The link
seems to be accurate; note that the use of sw1 for the CaTTamaran
is not Atari- sanctioned (but may well be accurate).

Roger

DIP switches subject is Mega STe and TT only.

They are visible under the same address as STe Jaguar analog Joistick
port.

Below you can find the outcome from my tests for my STe/ MSTe and TT:
	move.w	$FFFF9200.w,Wartosc
; RESULT MSTE: FFF9
; RESULT STE:  FFFF

The differences between STE and Mega STE (and also between ST and Mega
ST) seem to pop up every couple of months... So just a thought for
discussion: Should we maybe finally introduce the Mega ST and the Mega
STE as real selectable machine types in Hatari?

Mega STE is already available as machine type in the sources thanks to
some work of Nicolas in the past already, so this just (?) needs to be
added to the GUI, and we've got to do some more fine-tuning like the
difference between joypad ports vs. the DIP switches. (Can somebody
list all other differences between the two machines?)

Mega ST ... we could maybe define this as ST + Blitter + RTC, and then
get rid of the selectable Blitter and RTC options in the GUI. These two
options were also often causing confusion in the past: Users wondered
for example why they could not enable the Blitter for the TT machine
type (or disable it for STE or Falcon) that way. The only disadvantage
would be that you could not emulate a plain ST with a blitter
anymore... would that be an issue for anybody?

Hi

yes, I also thought that adding plain selection for megastf/megaste would be a nice addition, even if the corresponding machines differ only by a few HW changes, it's easier to select for the user.

As for removing blitter and rtc option, maybe they could be moved under a new system/advanced setting windows ? It could be useful to some people for prototyping to be able to test under emulation what a real st would give with blitter/rtc and emutos for example (I know emutos people are often testing all the HW combination) ?

A system/advanced window could also include the new wakeup state settings that I'm actually developping and more generely "hide" any really advanced option that normal users should not have to bother about (such as 24/32 bit addressing too)

So, if someone feels like adding a system/advanced window, I have plenty of things to move in it :)