Re: [hatari-devel] Things still remaining before v1.8 release?

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Anders Eriksson <ae@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2014, Troed Sångberg wrote:

Works fine. OS X Mavericks, 64 bit mode, Macbook Pro Retina 13" with Intel i7

Hi! I just tried to build the same config,

it was picky and didn't want to create a 64-bit binary:

(null): Ignoring file /usr/local/lib/libz.dylib, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /usr/local/lib/libz.dylib

I can only assume libs I've installed (via Macports, usually) are x86_64. I just ran lipo on my executable to make sure:

$ lipo -info Hatari.app/Contents/MacOS/hatari

Non-fat file: Hatari.app/Contents/MacOS/hatari is architecture: x86_64

... and:

$ lipo -info /opt/local/lib/libz.dylib

Non-fat file: /opt/local/lib/libz.dylib is architecture: x86_64

... versus:

$ lipo -info /usr/lib/libz.dylib

Architectures in the fat file: /usr/lib/libz.dylib are: x86_64 i386

I don't have a libz in /usr/local/lib..

Regarding speed on retina display. My friend have such and had to switch off the pixel doubling in Hatari to get it working without slowdowns. Instead using OS X zoom (control+mousehweel) to enlarge works. Not optimal, but better than nothing. That was with 1.7.0 though.

Yeah removing Hatari built in zoom indeed got the windowed performance up to where it should be. Maybe this points to an SDL issue with retina Macs? I see some discussion in other forums that could be related. (And I just got my retina MBP which would explain why I haven't seen it before).

If you can share your binary, I can try it for performance.

Here's mine (lacking frameworks and tos):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31495565/junk/Hatari_1.8.0_test.dmg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/669647/Hatari_1.8.0_troed.app.zip (TOS 2.06 included)

/Troed