Re: [hatari-devel] Things still remaining before v1.8 release?

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014, Troed Sångberg wrote:

Works fine. OS X Mavericks, 64 bit mode, Macbook Pro Retina 13" with Intel i7

Hi! I just tried to build the same config,

it was picky and didn't want to create a 64-bit binary:

(null): Ignoring file /usr/local/lib/libz.dylib, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /usr/local/lib/libz.dylib

Caveat: In windowed mode Hatari runs way too slow (non-realtime), using a lot of CPU. Full screen mode works fine. I _don't know_ why and
whether this has anything to do with v1.8, me using Xcode to build with which I've never done before or something completely different.
Others should verify.

Here it appears to run as usual, except that the HUD doesn't seem to slow down the emulation any more! I guess that's thanks to the consolidation made to only have one big blit instead of several small ones. I've got an MBP with Quad i7 and 10.9.

Regarding speed on retina display. My friend have such and had to switch off the pixel doubling in Hatari to get it working without slowdowns. Instead using OS X zoom (control+mousehweel) to enlarge works. Not optimal, but better than nothing. That was with 1.7.0 though.

If you can share your binary, I can try it for performance.

Here's mine (lacking frameworks and tos):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31495565/junk/Hatari_1.8.0_test.dmg

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@xxxxxx     http://www.dhs.nu/