Re: [hatari-devel] OS X performance problem

Le 29/05/2014 10:45, Thomas Huth a écrit :

The new code calls SDL_UpdateRects() quite often. I think that call is
quite expensive on Mac OS X. I might be better to gather the update
regions and then to do one single SDL_UpdateRects() at the end of the
function.

From what I see, Statusbar_Update() is called on every VBL as it was already the case before.

Unfortunatelly, it seems SDL 1.2 on OSX has serious performance issues, it doesn't seem to be optimised enough for OSX, but there's nothing we can do.

Maybe we should just call Statusbar_Update() only 5 times per second for example when Hatari is compiled on OSX ?