Re: [hatari-devel] OS X performance problem

On keskiviikko 28 toukokuu 2014, Jerome Vernet wrote:
> I've just made a build right now using simple ./configure;make.
> olduaecore
>
> I can say that nothing MacOsX related work at all. No menus, preferences
> windows hang, nothing usable.  Even the OK button make Hatari crash.
>
> It's sloooowww, yes...

CMake doesn't show the compiler options by default and whether
CMake uses optimizations by default seems to differ from
platform to platform.

Use:
	cmake -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=true ...

To see what compiler options CMake uses.  If there's no -Ox option,
that explains the slowness.

> Something dealing with screen refresh ??

Try "--statusbar=no --drive-led=no" to see whether these
affect the screen update.

> No demo
> can play correctly in STe mode when the app is in front (but music play
> well when in background, screen masked ). I do not have anymore sound in
> PaceMaker Demo  (but there is some sound in the Desktop) and some other
> demos I tried.
>
>   I think that disk access that are also slow (Fast floppy access do not
> work anymore, isn't it ?).

There's an option to disable more compatible (and lot slower)
floppy emulation.