Re: [hatari-devel] OS X performance problem

On May 29, 2014, at 4:06 AM, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, it's probably floppy track information.  If it gets updated
> more often than Hatari screen (50-71Hz), it needs to be rate-limited.
>
> Do you get a problem if you use just HD, or drive LED:
> 	--statusbar=no --drive-led=yes
> ?

I just tried this and Hatari was very sluggish again. It is very strange because the drive LEDs and the status bar worked until the most recent commits.

> What SDL version you have?  From earlier discussions on this topic,
> it seems that SDL backend for OSX works differently (badly) compared
> to backends on other platforms, but that might be specific to older
> SDL versions.

I am running 1.2.15 (last version of SDL 1.x). As you know, development work on SDL 1.x has stopped. OS X is a supported platform for SDL 2 but I do not expect Hatari to move to SDL 2 for some time.

Bob C