Re: [hatari-devel] ST/STE High Resolution Scaling

On 19/09/2013 17:58, Randy Hunsaker wrote:
Hi,

I agree that OpenGL should be optional.  I've made it so in my changes and
have successfully modified the CMake files to look for it and only use it if
found, as well as made the inclusion of the modified code dependent on the
existence of OpenGL when compiling.

Nice to hear !

My initial test worked quite well in scaling the ST/STE low and medium
resolution screens, with no apparent reduction in video update speed.  High
resolution isn't working for some reason.  I need to figure out why high
resolution isn't working, refine the code a bit more, and add some options
to the GUI/configuration mechanism so scaling can be enabled/disabled and
stored in configuration files.  I can see from the source code that there is
additional/different GUI code for Windows and OS X.  Is it sufficient to
make the configuration GUI changes to the SDL code in gui-sdl, or do you
think I'll need to modify anything in gui-osx and/or gui-win as well?

gui-win contains only a few files to compile gui-sdl under windows, so you can ignore this, there's no SDL code in there.

gui-osx is a version of the gui using xcode and native OSX interface ; unless you can compile OSX code yourself, you can leave it, OSX coders will update it later if your scaling code prooves to be OK.

So, only gui-sdl should be modified in your case ; it can be compiled under linux, windows and osx and should give a correct default UI on all platforms.