From: Nicolas Pomarède [mailto:npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 10:47 AM
To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Randy Hunsaker
Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] ST/STE High Resolution Scaling

On 13/09/2013 18:43, Randy Hunsaker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hatari currently doesn?t seem to support scaling ST/STE high
> resolution like it does with low and medium.  I?d like to add support
> for ?doubling? ST/STE high resolution from 640x400 to 1280x800 with
> each ST pixel represented by 4 pixels on the display device (2hx2v).
> Hatari does this for ST/STE low resolution already (2hx2v), and
> partially for medium resolution (hx2v).  Can anyone suggest what
> Hatari source code files I should look at to discover how this is
> accomplished for low/medium so I can try to implement this for high?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randy

Hi,

this is in the convert/ folder, but for now I'm afraid the current state of
video scaling is rather complicated and could be very hard to extend.
A major rewrite of these parts would be better to allow hardware scaling or
thing like that when changing the window size for example.

Doing it only for monochrome would be simpler, but it's not trivial
nevertheless. You can have a look at the current sources.

Nicolas
-----
No virus found in this message.