|RE: [hatari-devel] ST/STE High Resolution Scaling|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: 'Nicolas Pomarède' <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [hatari-devel] ST/STE High Resolution Scaling
- From: "Randy Hunsaker" <hunsra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:13:24 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20121106; t=1379096001; bh=7Wbcs2s+nmH5aGAKXvucPCs0TvOCa+vG8xmEkPIiqKg=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=aT85UFYdVkZ9i0vFV3fqTERsdkGEL4/mgTCkELGQcbY/FW/vQVQtswM9c+a7hUK82 lFlvmI4lJmE37IdfwNUnWrcp5MuzLlHgp+QIoNkHFv+SwgcRSk0v8NGOMWyUIjtp3k xRCHl8nq+5MlAacorE/5yO/r5GGIRg+cyDxFms/wmEzhuKbNM216DHlYoTzbI7Y7NJ t6ze9oyDmmtvsaYf5KD6QuR7CwcGZj8truQfvVXBwbHAwLFUcr6FJW4XHHd5tINjN6 XQTi0SNX1THw9YgIFhSwiwAFVipzHcC1WPUjLU7hJ9Rq6VHTGE50W2b728HbepKMbj BFX8iTDXH5lHA==
- Thread-index: AQHt3VWsDIbzWAK1h1B9zom1IpF8pAG/zW6DmXegIPA=
Thanks for the quick reply, Nicolas. I'll take a look at the source code
and see what can be done. If I feel adventurous, I'll take a stab at doing
this for all resolutions with hardware scaling.
From: Nicolas Pomarède [mailto:npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 10:47 AM
Cc: Randy Hunsaker
Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] ST/STE High Resolution Scaling
On 13/09/2013 18:43, Randy Hunsaker wrote:
> Hatari currently doesn?t seem to support scaling ST/STE high
> resolution like it does with low and medium. I?d like to add support
> for ?doubling? ST/STE high resolution from 640x400 to 1280x800 with
> each ST pixel represented by 4 pixels on the display device (2hx2v).
> Hatari does this for ST/STE low resolution already (2hx2v), and
> partially for medium resolution (hx2v). Can anyone suggest what
> Hatari source code files I should look at to discover how this is
> accomplished for low/medium so I can try to implement this for high?
this is in the convert/ folder, but for now I'm afraid the current state of
video scaling is rather complicated and could be very hard to extend.
A major rewrite of these parts would be better to allow hardware scaling or
thing like that when changing the window size for example.
Doing it only for monochrome would be simpler, but it's not trivial
nevertheless. You can have a look at the current sources.
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3408 / Virus Database: 3222/6663 - Release Date: 09/13/13