Re: [hatari-devel] OSX dialogs in fullscreen

Jerome,

If you could make the change to show the SDL alert when in full screen mode, that would be great.

Bob C

On Thursday, September 19, 2013, Jerome Vernet wrote:
Le 19/09/13 02:19, Bob Carpenter a écrit :
Eero,

I'm not an OS X developer. However, to me, it appears that SDL (and most games) use a full screen mode that's incompatible with the standard OS X alerts and dialogs. That's my guess why most games have their own alerts that are totally different in look than the system. I'm betting that SDL isn't creating a window in the traditional OS X sense. I don't know if SDL 2.0 is any different in this respect.

I think either of your alternative solutions would work fine. However, I have no idea how much work it would be for Jerome to implement any of them.
I think it should be possible to handle that case, by only using SDL messages when in full screen. I rarelly use full screen, but know this bug: never quit while in full screen !
I will try.

A lot of improvement may come to MacosX Build, as a windowed debugger (we have it running, but interacting with emulator is not so easy without some changes in debug C sources).

Jerome