Re: [hatari-devel] Problem with SCSI initiator command register

Hi Thomas,

> I assembled your test program above (switching to Supervisor first, and
> replaced the illegal instruction with a Cconws text), and for me, it
> finishes after a while! It takes a minute until its done, but it
> certainly does not loop forever. Now this is very confusing. Which
> Hatari settings are you using when it fails for you? Could you maybe
> also try another CPU frequency setting? ... and just to be sure, which
> GCC version are you using? Some GCC versions are buggy and create
> incorrect Hatari binaries...

Thank you for helping with this. Obviously you were more patient with
waiting for the loop to end than I was ;-).

I have added my Hatari config file as an attachment. My gcc version is
4.5.3, but if I remember correctly with older versions the problem was
the same.
I tried several settings, Cycle Exact, 8 MHz instead of 32 etc., but the
loop still takes very long.

Cheers

Uwe
[Log]
sLogFileName = stderr
sTraceFileName = stderr
nTextLogLevel = 4
nAlertDlgLogLevel = 1
bConfirmQuit = FALSE

[Screen]
nMonitorType = 0
nFrameSkips = 0
bFullScreen = FALSE
bAllowOverscan = FALSE
nSpec512Threshold = 16
nForceBpp = 0
bUseExtVdiResolutions = TRUE
nVdiWidth = 1280
nVdiHeight = 960
nVdiColors = 0
bShowStatusbar = FALSE
bShowDriveLed = FALSE
bAspectCorrect = TRUE
bCrop = FALSE
nMaxWidth = 832
nMaxHeight = 576
bKeepResolution = TRUE
bKeepResolutionST = FALSE
bForceMax = FALSE

[Joystick0]
nJoystickMode = 0
bEnableAutoFire = FALSE
bEnableJumpOnFire2 = FALSE
nJoyId = 1
nKeyCodeUp = 273
nKeyCodeDown = 274
nKeyCodeLeft = 276
nKeyCodeRight = 275
nKeyCodeFire = 305

[Joystick1]
nJoystickMode = 0
bEnableAutoFire = FALSE
bEnableJumpOnFire2 = FALSE
nJoyId = 0
nKeyCodeUp = 273
nKeyCodeDown = 274
nKeyCodeLeft = 276
nKeyCodeRight = 275
nKeyCodeFire = 305

[Joystick2]
nJoystickMode = 0
bEnableAutoFire = FALSE
bEnableJumpOnFire2 = FALSE
nJoyId = 2
nKeyCodeUp = 273
nKeyCodeDown = 274
nKeyCodeLeft = 276
nKeyCodeRight = 275
nKeyCodeFire = 305

[Joystick3]
nJoystickMode = 0
bEnableAutoFire = FALSE
bEnableJumpOnFire2 = FALSE
nJoyId = 3
nKeyCodeUp = 273
nKeyCodeDown = 274
nKeyCodeLeft = 276
nKeyCodeRight = 275
nKeyCodeFire = 305

[Joystick4]
nJoystickMode = 0
bEnableAutoFire = FALSE
bEnableJumpOnFire2 = FALSE
nJoyId = 4
nKeyCodeUp = 273
nKeyCodeDown = 274
nKeyCodeLeft = 276
nKeyCodeRight = 275
nKeyCodeFire = 305

[Joystick5]
nJoystickMode = 0
bEnableAutoFire = FALSE
bEnableJumpOnFire2 = FALSE
nJoyId = 5
nKeyCodeUp = 273
nKeyCodeDown = 274
nKeyCodeLeft = 276
nKeyCodeRight = 275
nKeyCodeFire = 305

[Keyboard]
bDisableKeyRepeat = TRUE
nKeymapType = 1
szMappingFileName =

[ShortcutsWithModifiers]
keyOptions = 111
keyFullScreen = 102
keyMouseMode = 109
keyColdReset = 99
keyWarmReset = 114
keyScreenShot = 103
keyBossKey = 105
keyCursorEmu = 106
keyFastForward = 120
keyRecAnim = 97
keyRecSound = 121
keySound = 115
keyPause = 0
keyDebugger = 19
keyQuit = 113
keyLoadMem = 108
keySaveMem = 107
keyInsertDiskA = 100

[ShortcutsWithoutModifiers]
keyOptions = 293
keyFullScreen = 292
keyMouseMode = 0
keyColdReset = 0
keyWarmReset = 0
keyScreenShot = 0
keyBossKey = 0
keyCursorEmu = 0
keyFastForward = 0
keyRecAnim = 0
keyRecSound = 0
keySound = 0
keyPause = 19
keyDebugger = 0
keyQuit = 0
keyLoadMem = 0
keySaveMem = 0
keyInsertDiskA = 0

[Sound]
bEnableSound = FALSE
nPlaybackFreq = 44100
szYMCaptureFileName = /home/us/hatari.wav
bEnableMicrophone = TRUE
nSdlAudioBufferSize = 0
YmVolumeMixing = 2

[Memory]
nMemorySize = 14
bAutoSave = FALSE
szMemoryCaptureFileName = /home/us/.hatari/hatari.sav
szAutoSaveFileName = /home/us/.hatari/auto.sav

[Floppy]
bAutoInsertDiskB = TRUE
nWriteProtection = 0
szDiskAZipPath =
szDiskAFileName =
szDiskBZipPath =
szDiskBFileName =
szDiskImageDirectory = /home/us/
FastFloppy = FALSE

[HardDisk]
bBootFromHardDisk = TRUE
bUseHardDiskDirectory = TRUE
szHardDiskDirectory = /home/us/TT
bUseHardDiskImage = FALSE
szHardDiskImage = /home/us/hatari/acsi.img
bUseIdeMasterHardDiskImage = TRUE
bUseIdeSlaveHardDiskImage = TRUE
szIdeMasterHardDiskImage = /home/us/hatari/idetest.img
szIdeSlaveHardDiskImage = /home/us/hatari/test.img
nWriteProtection = 0

[ROM]
szTosImageFileName = /opt/src/atari/tos306de.img
szCartridgeImageFileName =
bPatchTos = TRUE

[RS232]
bEnableRS232 = FALSE
szOutFileName = /dev/modem
szInFileName = /dev/modem

[Printer]
bEnablePrinting = FALSE
szPrintToFileName = /home/us/hatari/prn.out

[Midi]
bEnableMidi = FALSE
sMidiInFileName = /dev/snd/midiC1D0
sMidiOutFileName = /dev/snd/midiC1D0

[System]
nCpuLevel = 3
nCpuFreq = 32
bCompatibleCpu = FALSE
nMachineType = 2
bBlitter = FALSE
nDSPType = 0
bRealTimeClock = FALSE
bPatchTimerD = TRUE
bFastForward = FALSE
bAddressSpace24 = TRUE
bCycleExactCpu = FALSE
n_FPUType = 2
bCompatibleFPU = FALSE
bMMU = FALSE
bFastBoot = TRUE

[Debugger]
nNumberBase = 10
nDisasmLines = 8
nMemdumpLines = 8

[Video]
AviRecordVcodec = 2
AviRecordFps = 0
AviRecordFile = /home/us/test/hatari/hatari.avi