Re: [hatari-devel] Problem with SCSI initiator command register

 Hi Uwe,

Am Thu, 7 Jun 2012 08:00:19 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I added the debug code, with an interesting result. The timer values
> are decremented indeed, but my code still does not work. I stripped
> my code down to a few lines, this is the result:
>
> 	move.l #12000,d1
> wait1:	tst.b $fffffa23
> 	bpl wait1
> wait2:	tst.b $fffffa23
> 	bmi wait2
> 	subq.l #1,d1
> 	bne wait1
> 	illegal
>
> The illegal instruction is never executed, the code appears to loop
> endlessly. With a real Atari TT and Falcon it works, but with Hatari
> it seems as if test.b does not work when applied to the timer data
> register.

I assembled your test program above (switching to Supervisor first, and
replaced the illegal instruction with a Cconws text), and for me, it
finishes after a while! It takes a minute until its done, but it
certainly does not loop forever. Now this is very confusing. Which
Hatari settings are you using when it fails for you? Could you maybe
also try another CPU frequency setting? ... and just to be sure, which
GCC version are you using? Some GCC versions are buggy and create
incorrect Hatari binaries...