Re: [hatari-devel] Problem with SCSI initiator command register

Am Thu, 7 Jun 2012 12:30:26 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> > I assembled your test program above (switching to Supervisor first,
> > and replaced the illegal instruction with a Cconws text), and for
> > me, it finishes after a while! It takes a minute until its done,
> > but it certainly does not loop forever. Now this is very confusing.
> > Which Hatari settings are you using when it fails for you? Could
> > you maybe also try another CPU frequency setting? ... and just to
> > be sure, which GCC version are you using? Some GCC versions are
> > buggy and create incorrect Hatari binaries...
>
> Thank you for helping with this. Obviously you were more patient with
> waiting for the loop to end than I was ;-).
>
> I have added my Hatari config file as an attachment. My gcc version is
> 4.5.3, but if I remember correctly with older versions the problem was
> the same.
> I tried several settings, Cycle Exact, 8 MHz instead of 32 etc., but
> the loop still takes very long.

Well, what did you expect? One loop iteration will take approximately 5
milliseconds (since you're basically waiting for the 200 Hz counter to
toggle its sign), and you're looping with d1 = 12000 times ...
that makes 12000 * 0.005 s = 60 s = 1 minute.

So unless you really expect something different here, I'd say Hatari
works here as designed ;-)

 Cheers,