Re: [translations] Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Em seg, 20 de ago de 2018 às 13:31, David Kastrup <dak@xxxxxxx> escreveu:

> In my experience, the computing time for "make" is peanuts compared to
> the computing time for "make doc".

My intention to avoid the sum of 'make' + 'make doc' processing time,
but, you are right, 'make doc' takes much more than 'make'.

Em seg, 27 de ago de 2018 às 11:11, Jean-Charles Malahieude
<lilyfan@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> If you have a multi-core CPU, add a file "local.make" in the top of your
> build-dir containing a line:
>
> CPU_COUNT = 4 #This is a quad-core
>
> and run your build with one more job than the number of cores:
>
> make -j5

That was tremendously useful, as I indeed have a quad-core CPU.
Without these tweaks, 'make' took 11 minutes and 'make doc' took 62
minutes. With them, 'make' dropped to 5 minutes and 'make doc' dropped
to 33 minutes.

Cheers,
Rafael Fontenelle