Re: [proaudio] pam rlimits aware setup

On Thu, 18 May 2006 18:59:09 +0200
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry for the noise, I have had messed my local copy of the pam
> ebuild to include a patch which won't work. Now it works again :)
> But I've still have problems with ardour1 which I already had before
> I messed it totally up.
> this is what I get:
>
> cannot lock down memory for RT thread (Cannot allocate memory)
>
> (with the realtime-lsm modul no such message will show up)
>
> thx for your great and also fast respones.
>
>     Frieder

OK, good to hear it works again. :)
@ ardour1: try to play around with the memlock settings
(raise the value) or try comment it out completely. Some apps have probs
with that, esp. when the value is too low.

I've set it to 500000 here (1,25GB ram machine - could even raise it
more), ardour2 works. Don't have ardour1 installed atm. will test that.

Regards,
Tom