Re: [proaudio] pam rlimits aware setup

On Thu, 18 May 2006 15:07:32 +0200
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thomas Kuther wrote:
<snip>
> > Frieder, do you get any errors on login? like ----8<---
> > May 18 10:19:14 SiRiUS pam_limits[14241]: unknown limit item
> > 'rt_priority'
> > ---->8---
> > (i just upgraded from an old version of patched pam which still used
> > rt_priority instead of rtprio)
> > The version from the overlay is doing fine here.
> >
> > Further more, do you use pam login at all? You're sure you have
> > shadow emerged with USE="pam"?
> >
> > Tom
> >

> no I don't get anything like this so I suppose pam is disabled here.
> So howto enable it?
> shadow is build with pam
>
> Frieder

Hmm, basically when shadow is built with USE="pam" then pam should be
used automatically. To ensure this just login and see the logs:
---8<---
May 18 15:23:07 SiRiUS login(pam_unix)[11745]: session opened for user
tom by (uid=0)
--->8---

In my case i still have shadow-4.0.14-r1 AND pam-login installed. (newer
shadow package seems to get blocked by pam-login, maybe they included
that in shadow, or it's really obsolote, but i didn't bother updating
that yet).

Tom