Re: [proaudio] pam rlimits aware setup

Dominique Michel wrote:
Le Wed, 17 May 2006 15:21:56 -0500,
"Colin Shapiro" <cmshapiro@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Do the default values in /etc/security/limits.conf not work when you emerge
the version of pam from the proaudio overlay?

# REALTIME support for audio group users
@audio          -       rtprio          100
@audio          -       nice            -10
@audio          -       memlock         250000
yes for sure I use this version. I've added the rlimits aware pam to the overlay
It is the value I have been used from a few weeks with pam + rt-lsm. And it is the value I used for the test and what I use now. It just run out of the box after the install.

Ciao,
Dominique

In your description in the forums you wrote that pam would not work properly on non rt-kernels. Does jackd get realtime priority with non rt kernels?
can you post your useflags when you do a emerge pam -pv

thx
   Frieder
I haven't actually tried getting it to work yet, but I noticed the above
lines were automatically put in my /etc/security/limits.conf.  I will test
them later today.

- Colin