Re: [hatari-users] hatariui

On 11/17/2017 06:51 PM, Vincent Rivière wrote:
Le 17/11/2017 à 00:10, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
You could try whether taking latest config.py & hatari.py,
possibly also dialogs.py, from the Mercurial repo is enough:
https://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/file/tip/python-ui

cd /usr/share/hatari/hatariui
sudo mv config.py config.py.bak
sudo mv hatari.py hatari.py.bak
sudo wget https://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-file/tip/python-ui/config.py sudo wget https://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-file/tip/python-ui/hatari.py

Good! It works fine.

Great, thanks for testing!

I hope that the Debian package will be updated.

However, the Hatari main window is external, not embedded into the Hatari UI window.
BTW, I use Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark. It uses X over Wayland,
> I don't know if that matters.

Embedding works by X window re-parenting.

Hatari UI provides it's X window ID to Hatari with environment
variable and Hatari asks SDL for its X window ID and them
ask X server to reparent Hatari SDL window under Hatari UI.

I don't know whether reparenting windows between Wayland client
processes is even possible (except for the compositor itself).

I.e. both SDL used by Hatari, and Gtk used by Hatari UI
need to be using X / XWayland, or things will fail:
	GDK_BACKEND=x11 SDL_VIDEODRIVER=x11 hatari

	- Eero