Re: [hatari-users] hatariui

On 11/16/2017 12:42 AM, Vincent Rivière wrote:
On 15/11/2017 at 21:10, Eero Tamminen wrote:
That issue was having older Hatari UI in $PATH than the Hatari
version which had generated Hatari config file in my $HOME.

In my case, I just made a fresh install of Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark, and I installed Hatari the regular way with apt. No mess with Mercurial, old binaries or old config files.

Ok, Ubuntu seems to have Hatari 2.0 build taken from Debian stable.

BTW, I tried the following:
ln -s .config/hatari ~/.hatari
and it worked slightly better, as at least the config file was found.

But it still fails with:
KeyError: 'bKeepResolutionST'

Reason why this is relevant config variable, is that it impacts Hatari
window size, which needs to be known so that Hatari UI window that
embeds the Hatari window, reserves correctly sized space for it.

It does not work better if I manually add that variable in the configuration file.

Looking at the Hatari UI changelog, support for handling SDL1 build
using bKeepResolutionST, and SDL2 build not supporting that config
option at all, went in after v2.0 release.  I think 2.0 version
of UI expect SDL1 build of Hatari (besides the old config location).

At the same time (last Xmas vacation) I had added support for
the new config locations.

And even if I do that, hatariui removes it on exit.

That's weird, it shouldn't be removing any options, especially ones
it recognizes...

Really, something is seriously broken in that supposedly stable release :-(
It seems that Hatari deb package maintainer didn't test whether Hatari
UI works at all.  He should have picked the patches fixing the UI
issues.

Looking at the Debian bug tracker (as Ubuntu package came from Debian),
I see their bug tracker listing still bugs that were fixed in Hatari
v1.9 (I have commented on those bugs that they were fixed):
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=hatari;dist=unstable

Looking at the Fedora Hatari package changelog, fixes to these issues
went in already last year (and all reported bugs in their bug tracker are closed):
https://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/fedora/updates/25/x86_64/Packages/h/hatari-2.0.0-6.fc25.x86_64.html

I.e. The deb package maintenance is just bad. :-/

	- Eero