Re: [hatari-users] hatariui

On 11/14/2017 01:00 AM, Vincent Rivière wrote:
Hello.

I would like to give a try to hatariui, unfortunately I can't get it working. I'm using Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark 64-bit.

First, there is a missing dependency to python-gtk2. I needed to install it using:
sudo apt install python-gtk2

That would be a bug in the Ubuntu Hatari package.

After that, hatariui tries to start, but it fails with:
WARNING: configuration file missing!

A message box displays:
Retrying after saving Hatari configuration.

This is normal on first run.

Hatari UI doesn't share defaults with Hatari binary except through
configuration file, that's why it needs it.

It does not work better after saving the configuration file to its default location. Neither in the current directory.

Is hatariui supposed to work, or is it deprecated?

Yes, it's supposed to work, but it gets tested fairly rarely.

I can reproduce the issue, I'll look into it.

(I guess I've forgotten to update config path, and my own
Hatari config file has been in the old path.)

Thanks for reporting it!

	- Eero