Re: [hatari-devel] Linux boot freeze with Hatari git on 040/060 + MMU + CPU prefetch/cache

Le 17/03/2024 à 00:41, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On 16.3.2024 19.11, Eero Tamminen wrote:
On 16.3.2024 17.03, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
but in src/m68000.c you can add at line 396

changed_prefs.cpu_data_cache = false

to force data cache off in all cases ; then if you can test again, this could tell if problem is in cache or not (if it doesn't works with cache off, it doesn't mean there's no problem in cache, but at least it narrows the parts to look at first)

CPU exact & compatible options have no effect on this bug, only whether CPU cache is enabled (panic/freeze, due to memory not being at expected address) or not (everything works, although there are lot of DEBUG log messages [1]).

Btw. enabling "VALIDATE_68040_DATACACHE" in newcpu.c did not show anything before the panic.

As panic happens on kernel's ST-RAM address validation, it's very early in boot.  At the point 681304 instructions have been executed from 4224 distinct addresses, with 18609 i-cache misses.

Hi
I'm not sure VALIDATE_68040_DATACACHE is working when using MMU at the same time (but I could be wrong)