Re: [hatari-devel] Screenshots in NEO format

Le 14/01/2024 à 12:44, Thomas Huth a écrit :
Am Sun, 14 Jan 2024 11:38:05 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Le 04/01/2024 à 03:12, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On 3.1.2024 23.35, J.Young wrote:

Well, as you probably saw, Brad here on the list coded a patch to save
NEO screenshots from the F12 dialog instead of PNG files. Works very
good.

Yes.  If Thomas does not have time to look into that, I could check it
(maybe next weekend).

Above instructions are useful for many other things too.

Hi

does someone work on adding neo's patch from Brad ? If not, I think I
can work on this today.

No, at least I didn't start looking into that patch set yet, so if you've
got some spare time, please go ahead!

Hi

1st part of the changes to use the ST palette as a a PNG indexed color table (instead of RGB mode) has been merged into Hatari.

You can use "pngcheck" when doing screenshot to check if the resulting png has the reduced color table or not.

Note that as Hatari's statusbar uses its own colors, it can interfere with the palette from the emulated screen, requiring more than 16 colors in the end and preventing the switch to palette mode.

You need to check "crop statusbar" in the "Hatari Screen" menu to prevent including the statusbar and ensure only 16 colors will be used (except if rasters are used, of course)