Re: [hatari-devel] Screenshots in NEO format

Le 15/01/2024 à 22:08, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 14/01/2024 à 12:44, Thomas Huth a écrit :
Am Sun, 14 Jan 2024 11:38:05 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Le 04/01/2024 à 03:12, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On 3.1.2024 23.35, J.Young wrote:

Well, as you probably saw, Brad here on the list coded a patch to save
NEO screenshots from the F12 dialog instead of PNG files. Works very
good.

Hi

patch to save as a .NEO file has been merged (https://github.com/hatari/hatari/pull/31)

Thanks to Brad for contributing.

Altough Brad's patch also supported TT/Falcon screen or more than 4 bpp screen, I only applied the parts that handle standard STF/STE video mode and a resulting 32128 bytes .NEO file.

I'm not quite sure that the extended format Brad added for TT/Falcon and that stores some extra palette is needed, I'd rather keep a .NEO file format that matches the "original" specs (if such things ever existed :) )

By default Hatari saves in .png format, to save in .neo format one needs to add this line to hatari.cfg in the [Screen] section :

bNEOScreenSnapShot=TRUE

As we can also save in .BMP format, a possible small enhancement could be to add some choices in the "Hatari Screen" option menu to choose the saving format between .PNG, .BMP or .NEO (and save this in hatari.cfg)

If someone feels like adding this ?