|Re: [hatari-devel] Setting TOS language / keyboard|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Setting TOS language / keyboard
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 18:57:04 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1653850628; bh=QDibDIAyBQMFWtvIOCGa+Le7oH0r3ajk/OLQcjmIHI4=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=lHe/cCFQuydGelzAUO6mg+p3U8FwArC8n4sdnEorY2mfH8cuZi70jTCVbiwSgX6z9 zAbBxToHpsyzvkbFN5E34TbfHKZFC6i/xDoxgSxAE1PKHtEqjSXbi1Y8jhuytI4lml rVFbdF+rk77Hqf98y24ZrC2QDhcBILTON3whwOvO1X3JtlReriAC+TAVF/nbV5Ergn ONrF2BWYzhBNSpUO4SL7i2j5TN0Wwd7T7xGPqktkF8PIrOB+dGQyPSFzifEVfSuw7L m7IAQu0gGFPLNU/K569el7Kk2/fzsvEsmsZWzjH4h9KGZOcui4++Wf6EMS9fUmRh31 orX2D74Odh+DA==
Am Sun, 29 May 2022 12:30:17 +0300
schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 28.5.2022 2.47, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > On 27.5.2022 15.36, Thomas Huth wrote:
> >> Am Sun, 22 May 2022 01:45:12 +0300
> >> schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >>> I'm especially interested whether the TOS check criteria looks OK, i.e.
> >>> doing the country code setting only for multilanguage TOS (= unmodified
> >>> EmuTOS 1024k, or older 512k, and TOS v4) versions.
> >> I think the ROM header should only be patched if it's EmuTOS (i.e. not
> >> for
> >> TOS 4) and only for machines that do not have NVRAM (i.e. ST and STE).
> > NVRAM will be set when it's available, and TOS4 supports only machines
> > with NVRAM, so this seems OK.
> > Is check for multilang country code OK for deciding which EmuTOS
> > versions should be patched?
Yes, I think that should be ok.
> >> But I think it would be still OK to patch the ROM header if the user
> >> specified the --language option?
> > You mean even when --layout option is set to something else?
> > And if yes, wouldn't that be a bit confusing with recent EmuTOS 512k,
> > which supports only single language, but multiple layouts?
> What if I add separate "--country-code" option for setting TOS country
> code on non-NVRAM machines?
Honestly, I don't have a real good opinion here. --country-code is maybe
cleaner, but it could also be more confusing to the user if we provide more
and more options. So maybe start with --language and see whether users