|Re: [hatari-devel] Setting TOS language / keyboard (was: which version of emutos for next Hatari )|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Setting TOS language / keyboard (was: which version of emutos for next Hatari )
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 12:36:52 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1653655019; bh=zLgHqzBWdJMfFYz8eM+x6MkG6vHawu+wYGYL/okGW6Q=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=Z+agG790RwGIxrYkMnVU+OCa98/DKTawHUHfKActNrYGJfSeKyxe7AtSLRS9LU2ir 2UVTW+UIU0PfLGPA196vqvzDG+JHaVPeovb+vXlgKlJSpF5VaNSVwCDUAp7IJooB7W CWyOxWAW1i8lc2JhKgJsOAJsT5bN6+b1hR9SWC3Q6THAzBc7bfGLjAm+RlBfTFacI6 09OI61zYE43yNClR7jKkHVv43u/TbuAt2HJCIzt8rnjtV+YSQONxE8cB70aRv8yREN OTS2u8OKrqXgNRBW2mdDzl9APMQ3CK4V9L5NFY0T00pSOFqkLHTVJ9YBC3AN5uWy6y iUbn6lGgIT5Xw==
Am Sun, 22 May 2022 01:45:12 +0300
schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> 2 weeks gone with no comments?
> I'm especially interested whether the TOS check criteria looks OK, i.e.
> doing the country code setting only for multilanguage TOS (= unmodified
> EmuTOS 1024k, or older 512k, and TOS v4) versions.
I think the ROM header should only be patched if it's EmuTOS (i.e. not for
TOS 4) and only for machines that do not have NVRAM (i.e. ST and STE).
> And setting PAL/NTSC based on whether it's US country code, like EmuTOS
> tos-lang-change tool does.
Yes, NTSC should be set for US country code (only).
> And whether the LANG thing is actually good idea..
As you've discussed in the other thread with Nicolas, it's maybe not a good
idea to do this before the 2.4 release since this likely needs some time
for testing whether it's really a good idea or not.
But I think it would be still OK to patch the ROM header if the user
specified the --language option?