Re: [hatari-devel] Setting TOS language / keyboard (was: which version of emutos for next Hatari )

Hi Thomas,

On 27.5.2022 15.36, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Sun, 22 May 2022 01:45:12 +0300
I'm especially interested whether the TOS check criteria looks OK, i.e.
doing the country code setting only for multilanguage TOS (= unmodified
EmuTOS 1024k, or older 512k, and TOS v4) versions.

I think the ROM header should only be patched if it's EmuTOS (i.e. not for
TOS 4) and only for machines that do not have NVRAM (i.e. ST and STE).

NVRAM will be set when it's available, and TOS4 supports only machines with NVRAM, so this seems OK.

Is check for multilang country code OK for deciding which EmuTOS versions should be patched?

But I think it would be still OK to patch the ROM header if the user
specified the --language option?

You mean even when --layout option is set to something else?

And if yes, wouldn't that be a bit confusing with recent EmuTOS 512k, which supports only single language, but multiple layouts?