Re: [hatari-devel] which version of emutos for next Hatari ?

Am Sat, 7 May 2022 10:35:46 +0200
schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:

> Nicolas Pomarède schrieb:
>
> > for a next EmuTOS version, could there be a way to choose language from
> > the boot screen too ? This would make it easier for people using stf/ste
> > mode where there's no nvram to choose a different language from english
> > at boot.
>
> Funny, I intended to ask *you* a similar question in my previous mail --
> but I forgot to include it.
>
> Could a future Hatari release offer a way to choose the language via its
> configuration options?
>
> Basically, the 1024k ROM is an "emulator-only" version of EmuTOS [1], as
> no Atari machine supports 1024k ROMs. And we created this multi-language
> ROM mainly for the benefit of emulators not having to ship N different
> language versions.
>
> Anyway, I'm Cc'ing your question to the EmuTOS list, since I'm not sure
> if EmuTOS would even support a language change at runtime. As soon as
> the boot screen is shown, one language has obviously already been selected.

I think the best way would be to patch the ROM header of EmuTOS in Hatari
according to the LANG environment variable. IIRC EmuTOS honors the language
setting in the ROM header, too, so that would be an easy solution as far as
I can tell.