Re: [hatari-devel] defaulting to SMALL_MEM

wt., 15 lut 2022, 19:31 użytkownik Christian Zietz napisał:
Eero Tamminen schrieb:

> If there's a non-existing Atari RAM area that some Atari program could
> read, or cause Atari HW to read it, without causing exception, that is
> relevant for the discussion of how the Hatari crashed should be fixed.

I fully agree.

But you somewhat lost me in your previous post when referencing my
recent emutos-devel post regarding STE ROM mapping (e.g., at 0xD00000)
in conjunction with Thomas' screen pointer changes. Recall that on the
ST/STE you *cannot* set the screen pointer past 4 MB; it only has 22 bits.

In case of the ST, when the screen address pass 4th MB then it starts read data from the address 0.

When the screen address is above existing ram then the SHIFTER gets and shows just the bus activity.