|Re: [hatari-devel] defaulting to SMALL_MEM|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] defaulting to SMALL_MEM
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 16:07:13 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1644768436; bh=8oUx8EM/AdcFhUF18uOFY31qKM+VTjeNzdCdjTirYMM=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=QR7rbJICFV1VMZ8X+bGB8/E5VzD1PDh5EfTsq4lTONe4rPYJFT4sYy0l6dkReFznG JUHUmzol5wpUHGosFx0jyqTCSyRBvL/bsBJS3HHuDXPifiMTU7dM1Loj4TdA3aaBtt wP0DXxc4qa4CDG30VFmvoocwujIFiv8yVjjrYRJiyXKNaV2FvuVe6Avy0TLhYjNfGF /6pyMwlAOEId6rLMnyVrvKS5a04wNm8xG1PyR8OoEE536sfHwuafRm+fw4hBzqVG6q x7X6h91vfCLkskmvieeg9hMAKaEPdGc8u4I9snP/X8xBmWGfpl8n1yYYQx/UsQA0Ys wPpV1wPkyblNA==
Am Sun, 13 Feb 2022 12:46:06 +0200
schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 12.2.2022 22.15, Christian Zietz wrote:
> > Thomas Huth schrieb:
> >> I've now committed a fix, please check whether it's working for
> >> you, too.
> > I just tested commit 0b353ce1 and can confirm the crash with TOS
> > 4.04 is fixed.
> > You also found and successfully fixed the comparable issue (i.e.,
> > Shifter reading past the end of ST RAM) in ST mode, which I noticed
> > yesterday but didn't report yet.
> I'm not so sure the fix for video.c is correct.
> It returns from the Video_CopyScreenLine*() functions _without_
> internal variables being updated. E.g. "pVideoRaster" is used to
> calculate some emulation values and just skipping its update when
> wrong ST-RAM area would be read seems wrong.
> Especially considering that non-existing ST-RAM areas can be *read*
> without exceptions, at least in some cases...
Question is: What do you expect to see on the screen in those cases? I
haven't tried on a real ST, but it's certainly only garbage or nothing
at all. So if you know of a program that depends on that behavior, we
can certainly try to emulate it, otherwise, let's just be happy that
Hatari does not crash anymore.
What was missing though: Video_CopyScreenLineMono() should still update
the pSTScreen pointer at the end, otherwise the host screen does not
get updates in the bottom part anymore. I fixed that now, too.