Re: [hatari-devel] Re: cmake versioning issue

Am Sun, 13 Dec 2020 09:28:12 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 13/12/2020 à 08:59, Thomas Huth a écrit :
> > Am Sun, 13 Dec 2020 02:07:09 +0200
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> Will do, once I know I know what's needed.
> >> Minimum required CMake version being
> >> 2.8 < x <= 3.13 is too vague. :-/
> >
> > Looking through the CMake changes a little bit, I think the commit
> > that introduced the new behavior (between Something_FOUND and
> > SOMETHING_FOUND) was the following one here:
> >
> >   https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/-/commit/d1a6d15bcd4df3d3e3
> >
> > That was released with CMake v3.3.
> >
> > So I think we should either:
> >
> > a) Bump our minimum required CMake version to 3.3
> >
> > b) Try to work-around by renaming FindReadline.cmake to
> > FindREADLINE.cmake etc. and reverting commit 13dc63566ab73541d24e
> >
> > I tend to option a), since it's less effort, CMake 3.3 has been
> > released since 5 years already, so it should be well-established
> > already and since there might be other issues lurking around in
> > those very old versions of CMake which we are not aware of yet.
> >
> > Other opinions?
>
> Hi
>
> I'm also with adding a note to the readme about minimum cmake 3.3,
> especially if it's 5 years.

Ok, I've bumped the minimum required version now to 3.3.

Roger, you've mentioned that you still have the possibility to install
CMake v3.05 ... is that 3.0.5 or 3.5 ? In the latter case, could you
please check whether 3.5 is working as expected?

 Thanks,