Re: [hatari-devel] Xcode builds (was: Preparing release 2.3 - status)

Am Mon, 23 Nov 2020 12:18:08 +0200

> Hi,
>
> On 11/23/20 1:53 AM, Bob Carpenter wrote:
> > I will defer to Troed who creates the official macOS binary, but I
> > was able to build the most recent git version (I just downloaded it
> > about 45 minutes ago) to create a working Hatari with the macOS
> > front end.
> >
> > With that said, I know the macOS front end will break at some
> > point. I am hoping we can get the Linux python3 front end at that
> > time. Except for one exception (Atari800MacX), all of my Mac
> > emulators use non-standard interfaces. If Hatari has to go that
> > route as well, it is better than falling back to an SDL-only front
> > end like on Windows.
> >
> > I am using the most recent Xcode version (12,2) for building the
> > binary.
>
> Thanks for testing!
>
> Thomas, any idea what's the issue in your CI job?

No clue. And since Travis also changed their policy for free jobs, I
also cannot test this anymore. I think either one of the macOS users
has to take care of those deprecation warnings / build failures at one
point in time, or we have to look for alternatives to the macos GUI,
indeed....