Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3 - status

On 11/16/20 10:44 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 09/11/2020 à 20:51, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
* Uwe's duplicate drive image issue

    - will look into that last, unless somebody
      else will

At least I currently won't have spare time to look into this. Sorry.

Sure, no problem.  It will just take a bit of
extra time until I get to it.

so, what is still missing before doing the release ?

During latest month, there were many changes to update doc and compatibility status, but I think it's time to release very soon now.

Any real blocker still remaining ?

I changed couple of weeks ago all Python scripts
to use "python3", as all distros provide that, but
several of them don't anymore install the "python"
symlink (for v2).

From my earlier testing, I'd thought scripts to
be compatible with both Python versions, but when
I was last week doing more testing with TOS boot tester, I found some Python3 specific issues.

I need to do some extra testing with Hconsole,
profiler post-processor and Hatari UI to make sure
there aren't any other hidden Python3 issues.

Then there's also Uwe's issue.

I'd like to do the release at the end of this week (around 23 nov)

I'm hopeful of getting above done before that.

	- Eero

PS. The large EmuTOS performance issue with Escape
demos turned out to be EmuTOS issue with its
Dsptristate() (Crossbar config) implementation,
it wasn't a Hatari issue.