Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3 - status

Am Sat, 7 Nov 2020 19:31:11 +0200

> Doc updates are done, but issues were found,
> of which some are still open:
>
> * Random Hatari crash with EKO system
>    -> Thomas & Nicolas are looking for better DMA
>       buffer handing fix

The crash is already fixed. The code could still be improved with
Nicolas DMA read/write functions, but that's certainly not something
that has to be done before the release. If somebody has time to
complete Nicolas' patch and do all the regression testing afterwards,
you're very welcome. But at least I currently don't have enough spare
time to work on this, sorry.

> * H20 music missing
>    (after v1.5 due to commit c96a36308)
>    -> Laurent investigating best fix

It would certainly be good to know what was causing this regression,
but since Falcon timings are far away from being perfect, it's just
"expected" that timing sensitive stuff sometimes works by accident, and
sometimes gets broken again. Thus this should not block the release.
Somebody needs to implement proper Falcon timings (and
corresponding regression tests) first before we can consider such
regressions as blocking.

> * GEMPlay 1.99 double bus errors
>    -> can somebody reproduce this?  If yes,
>       could somebody test it also on real Falcon?
>
> * -2-10x slowdown in Hmm... & '_' demos under
>    EmuTOS compared to TOS4, even after STOP / DSP
>    fix
>    -> I'll profile Hatari

Certainly nothing that should block the release (since Hatari will be
shipped with EmuTOS 1.0 that does not contain the DSP support yet).

> (I've added Thomas' suggestion on improving
> the last IDE crash fix also to todo.txt.)

Thanks.

> * Uwe's duplicate drive image issue
>
>    - will look into that last, unless somebody
>      else will

At least I currently won't have spare time to look into this. Sorry.