Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3 - *.desktop content

Le 21/10/2020 à 16:52, Thomas Huth a écrit :
On 21/10/2020 10.43, Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hi,

On 10/17/20 1:30 AM, David Savinkoff wrote:
----- On Oct 16, 2020, at 12:46 PM, Eero Tamminen oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

What description others would prefer for Hatari?

1. Run Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon software
2. Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator
3. Emulator for Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon computers
4. Something else?

I like (2) because it is the most concise in english.

Ok, so the tally is so far:

* Nicolas & Laurent, 3) for completeness

* David & me, 2) for brevity
   - same Hatari description as what will be in parenthesis in Hatari UI
.desktop file

Thomas, any comments?

I slightly prefer 3) over 2) ... but got really no strong opinion here.

I prefer 3 because I think it's better to have "emulator" at the start of the description so the user can immediately see what each app is doing when browsing a list of apps in his distro.

Maybe "computers" could be removed to make it shorter as in 2) as someone who knows what is an Atari ST certainly knows that it's a computer :)