Re: [hatari-devel] Basepage and proc_lives debugging from the debugger

Am Sun, 17 Nov 2019 13:47:45 +0100
schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:

> Matthias Arndt schrieb:
>
> > The TOS documentation says the exception number is stored in the top
> > byte of the PC in this case.
> >
> > My guess is this is not handled specifically for TT or Falcon in
> > official TOS versions as tens of MB of RAM was too pricy back then
> > to take their address range into special consideration.
>
> Any TT with any amount TT-RAM will use the address range past
> 0xFFFFFF. So we're not talking about "tens of MB of RAM", here. It
> might very well be that -- for compatibility with TOS 1 -- Atari
> still chose only to save the lower 24 bits of the PC. But that's what
> I asked you to find out. In that case, your patch could make this
> clear by displaying something like "PC: $??133742".

Can be done.

> > I don't know how this is handled for TT or Falcon. Feel free to
> > clean up so that it works in all cases.
>
> Imho, *any* patch proposed for Hatari should be checked to work in TT
> and Falcon mode by its author.

This practically will totally limit any contributions as not every
Hatari user has TT and Falcon and clones in their focus.

I strongly object. This should be done by someone who knows these
special cases and can decided what is correct and what not and then
improve on user contributed patches.

I cannot in this case.

But I will gladly take a decent GUI that incorporates all convenience
features derived from the crude CLI debugger features present so
eliminating the need to add new CLI features.

Matthias
--
http://final-memory.org/