Re: [hatari-devel] Lethal Xcess memory snapshot fails

Le 04/06/2018 à 17:48, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
On 04/06/2018 à 12:11, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
You said "press above key", I guess you mean "up arrow key" ?

I mean the sequence I described just before.

Namely, press this sequence of keys:

AltGr+K        # To save snapshot
Enter        # To validate "OK to overwrite?"
AltGr+L     # To load snapshot

You can repeat the above sequence several times. It should quickly crash.

You can try that:
- at the "Eclipse" logo, during intro music playback
- at the main menu
- inside the game

I always use STe mode, as Lethal Xcess sync scroll fails in STf mode in Hatari (other bug).

I will make further tests and report.
Really, I can't understand how it works fine for you while I'm so annoyed.

OK, I can get this error too.

Rewriting the "save snapshot" function is on my todo list since some time, because there's something wrong in the current logic for which I already had to add some hacks (basically, the "save" method is called while processing the current VBL interrupt, instead of postponing it after the current instruction is completely processed).

This requires some rather low level changes (interaction with cpu core) to change this, hopefully I will have more time later to work on this, but at the moment I'm really busy with too many things to work as much as I would like on Hatari :(