|Re: [hatari-devel] Building Hatari 2.xx on Windows platform (?)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Building Hatari 2.xx on Windows platform (?)
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:57:58 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=/malRJKGFB7cKGW/RXUIdiFGFOxo8po//qU/9ccTHVQ=; b=YLpgtlZB1dpwrqWHF6Xa7O/mm6OHUcH/Xdo4xTurjQjD8zbLK2d0K7DAS7rPYNTqct 1QL/6N+OEoIiaf2GlqJwLZQCNDkaPYOCB65cm2oCORDbdUHd01WiI06wmCYmghUYAs3Q WscPGBFSMeyRNBhYRGtxA/5s78USPEQPMZ2V36QfoSD7ykRWwY8ZhCypJJgub0sj40Zi qyvE5e+HUcjrOT//qWdh7sg3yG55mkZvhoV0CsaXeamWmrkIRw8yqd1p9d6D/rGFIXKy FopPkCuCNRa+kezcit72DGdpfp+d46gXfN9LnoqkXTk8IrEeHB8W3BrT8FcVIZRB05ZI I4ZQ==
Actually I nearly always use your builds :-) I only build hatari when I want to change something for development/testing on one of my projects.
e.g. for Hatari 1.6/1.7 I changed the profiler to capture some additional internal timings and formatted the output for filtering by Excel, to do some analysis.
For Hatari 1.8-2.0 the DSP 'frequency' is wrong, measuring 56-64MHz. This is generally ok for software compatibility, but causes some other problems when coding DSP-intensive routines and playing audio at the same time. The host-side emulation load is so high it causes audio breakup and excessive emulation frameskip, making it quite unusable (on my ageing 2.8GHz Core i7 PC at least).
However for the general case I do use your builds - it saves me a lot of hassle. :)