Re: [hatari-devel] Building Hatari 2.xx on Windows platform (?)

My attempt using mingw was to build from its own msys shell (i.e. not using cygwin at all). This results in lots of problems detecting and configuring stuff - I ended up overriding lots of the cmake vars to get it past the first collection of path and environmental errors and then gave up as I slowly realised this was 'not the right way' to build Hatari :).

It did manage to produce some .vcxproj files from that process, which I played with - but the code would not build under VC for (what looked like) dialect reasons. e.g.. from the. 'inline' keyword and missing stdint.h or unistd.h. Some compiled ok as C++ but again - I decided to stop there!

I didn't try configuring to cross-compile with mingw from cygwin.. Didn't even consider that.

Thanks,
D.

On 27 June 2017 at 13:47, Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dienstag, 27. Juni 2017 11:47:29 CEST Douglas Little wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone direct me towards instructions for building Hatari on the
> Windows platform?

I never built Hatari on windows/cygwin, but i doubt that building in an xterm,
using the default gcc, is the correct way. That would produce a binary that
needs a X-server to run.

You will probably need a pure mingw compiler. On older cygwin version, this
could be achieved by just adding -mno-cygwin to the compiler flags. On newer
installations there are separate packages, mingw64-i686-* when using the 64bit
version of cygwin. Be sure to install all the libraries that might be neede by
Hatari, if the configure script can't find the one i needs it might otherwise
fallback to the cygwin libraries, which is not what you want. Basically this
is handled by cygwin as cross-compiling, even if you can execute the resulting
binaries on the same machine.