Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Screen in Protracker

Le 21/02/2017 à 19:00, Anders Eriksson a écrit :
On Tue, 21 Feb 2017, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

Le 21/02/2017 à 16:57, Anders Eriksson a écrit :
Just for the record, I've used Hatari to make many Protracker videos
over the years, it works fine. It's a PAL program so don't use american
TOS, although I suppose forcing it to 50 Hz with a small program ahead
of launching Protracker will work as well.

Hi

In fact, the program keeps the video freq that was used at start under
gem (50 or 60 Hz) and try to remove the border in both cases.
So, with US TOS if you switch gem to 50 Hz before running protracker,
it should work too.

I tested Protracker with US TOS in both 60 and 50 Hz.

It have a slight bug in 60 Hz, some garbage pixels on the lower border
line and it also reduces the pattern view to lesser lines than in 50 Hz
mode.

Switching to 50 Hz before starting the tracker makes it behave like a
euro TOS. It would be nice if Hatari somehow displayed which refreshrate
it is currently emulating.

I confirm the bottom display is not 100 % correct either on my STF FR when I start in 60 Hz. There's a flickering black line just after the 1st pixel line of row "01". This is because the switch to 50 Hz lasts sometimes too long and will create a blank line (tested in WS2, but should be the case in all WS)

But I don't get the yellow pixels that can be seen under Hatari, so there's a slight bug to fix here anyway.

Also Hatari seems to display too much lines in the bottom border ; on my STF + CRT, display stops after the 1st pixel line of row "05" (but this could be a limitation of my CRT). Under Hatari 8 additional lines are displayed.

According to Alien and Troed docs, 60 Hz screen + bottom should be 224 visible lines before vblank, which would match my STF.