Re: [hatari-devel] Cartridge help text

On 12.01.2017 21:52, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 01/12/2017 12:28 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
>> If we really want user to have a quick help text, it would be better
>> to add it into the F12 menu IMO.
>
> I like this idea. As long as user hasn't disabled statusbar,
> it will tell about F12, and that would then have help.
>
> We could change "About" button to "Help" and that could
> show the "About" text and buttons for viewing:
> - Default Keyboard shortcuts
> - License
>
> -> If everybody agrees that this is a good idea,
>    I can look into adding it.

No, IMO there is really no more need for a help text for the keyboard
shortcuts nowadays anymore, since you can easily look up the keyboard
shortcuts in the "Keyboard" setup dialog.

> Maybe cartridge intro should be just a new chip tune
> (for compatibility reasons), with a text like:
>
>     Celebrating Hatari vX.Y
>
>     Chip tune by ComposerName

Considering that most people never run this program in the cartridge, I
think we should not add something here that we've got to change for each
release.

I think it would even be better to get rid of the cartridge one day
completely instead ...