Re: [hatari-devel] Re: immortal hatari

On 10/29/2016 10:11 PM, Douglas Little wrote:
Ok a bit more on this bizarre issue....

I tried a range of random things, including reinstalling most of the Ubuntu
desktop & compiz related components. Didn't help.

So I grabbed Hatari 2.0 from mercurial and built that. Didn't help - same
problem.

I also noticed that a similar issue is easily reproduced by toggling the
sound on/off in the SDL Hatari menu. The window hangs as soon as you return
to the main menu.

That seemed a bit suspicious...

This Ubuntu install is running as a VM under VirtualBox - which definitely
has its moments. So I toggled the sound 'hardware' off, and turned 2D
acceleration on in VirtualBox, and restarted the VM.

Problem went away...

Hm.  SDL handles sound in a separate thread.  But threads go
away at the same time as the main program...

	- Eero

*Shrug* !