|Re: [hatari-devel] Re: immortal hatari|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Re: immortal hatari
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 20:11:06 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=VCHeW7e4+6HdpLCqJnFtMhC2W1KpaYATrCCsXrQbHnY=; b=gj6crdVuhd/9h2HZZSRjUdWA2hoNbXcx699/hCZG+POWKc8QtZzhBK1vMPTFVIKqNi rhiPTwuJUt80nK+Oh535wk75d++vEEoiEFsqLcrOJtqPXWr1zsMchqshjVlRtSKFmauK t7aekmjXeRDf/DrXAkeguCCujiXTDGFr1P6SkOSw9WBNG6gCZgTDXdenp5wCHD0hyHv/ Co5XswluiHqfQkITahPim0nts+9rJxh/ZwuAJXi/rSwsAybB4ezZe3Q48/3uigPSK4tx fmlIbdc9lEAafr1BEc+TrXpskunnvQ427WgybqougB+cZk5IihfcbicvuHoUfsaK1D8p seGg==
Ok a bit more on this bizarre issue....
I tried a range of random things, including reinstalling most of the Ubuntu desktop & compiz related components. Didn't help.
So I grabbed Hatari 2.0 from mercurial and built that. Didn't help - same problem.
I also noticed that a similar issue is easily reproduced by toggling the sound on/off in the SDL Hatari menu. The window hangs as soon as you return to the main menu.
That seemed a bit suspicious...
This Ubuntu install is running as a VM under VirtualBox - which definitely has its moments. So I toggled the sound 'hardware' off, and turned 2D acceleration on in VirtualBox, and restarted the VM.
Problem went away...