Re: [hatari-devel] Next Hatari version for OS X

Le 30/06/2015 14:31, Mikael Degerfält a écrit :

On 2015-06-30, at 04:43, Bob Carpenter <hatari@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I briefly tried both Hatari versions. I found the video on the Hatari Falcon version incredibly slow when using TOS 4.04. I assume it has something to do with SDL 1.x and OS X. I tried it in a window and full screen and it was too slow to be usable either way. However, if I used TOS 1.04 with the Hatari Falcon executable, it ran at a normal speed.

The SDL rendering is infamously slow. As an experiment I did a few month ago, I replaced the current rendering in Hatari with an OpenGL backend. The CPU consumption decreased from around 40% when running an STE fullscreen demo, to around 10%.

It would be awesome to get this into Hatari some time in the future. Maybe for release 2.0, Hatari goes OpenGL. :)

Hi

SDL1 should be consider deprecated, there's no more dev to maintain it.

We will switch to SDL2 later, then all patches/testing will be wellcomed, but we won't add code to Hatari for related to OSX using SDL 1.3, SDL2 is the way to go.