Re: [hatari-devel] 1.8.0 Video recording cropping

Am Mon, 04 Aug 2014 23:51:07 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 04/08/2014 23:35, Anders Eriksson a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > yes the statusbar is removed, but it's removing more than just the
> > statusbar.
> >
> > As you write, your image is only 832x540 (that's 270 Atari lines)
> > when it should be 552 lines like in Hatari 1.7.0 (and earlier).
> >
> > Without zoom it is even less; only 268 lines remain when there
> > should be 276 like in 1.7.0.
> >

> > But I found the source of the problem now. "Max zoomed win" must be
> > increased above 288/576 (I tested with 312 now) and then it comes
> > back to recording 276 scanlines video.
> >
> > I was too dumb to realise that "Max zoom win" was not about the
> > Atari max size, but Atari + SDL interface max size. So to put good
> > values in the "Max zoom win" you need to measure the pixel amount
> > of the SDL statusbar with a graphics tool, add it to the Atari
> > resolution, or you'll get the wrong setup. Not the best case of a
> > user friendly setting perhaps.
> >

> > So scrap the bug report, the problem lies with using
> > configurations/knownledge from previous versions of Hatari. Thanks
> > for looking into it.
> >

> Well, it's true it's not always intuitive. 592 gives similar results
> as hatari 1.7.0, but it would have been better if the height measured
> only the Atari's screen height, without counting the status bar.
> This way, adding 2 or 3 lines in status bar would not have required
> to change the max height value.

IIRC this old behaviour even was on purpose - if the user had a monitor
with a fix resolution, e.g. 800x600, the max height value should really
limit the Atari screen and the statusbar together.
With the huge displays nowadays, this might not be a problem anymore,
but still, I also don't think that we should change that behaviour
inbetween.