Re: [hatari-devel] SDL2 support

Thomas,

On Aug 3, 2014, at 3:49 PM, Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Am Sun, 3 Aug 2014 11:20:39 -0500
> schrieb Bob Carpenter <hatari@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> Unfortunately, I can’t compile an OS X bundle with SDL 2 support
>> enabled.
>
> Ah, yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that. I did (of course) not touch
> the OS X code since I am running Linux only. So one of the Mac guys got
> to fix these problems…

I understand. I realize that you would not be changing that code.

> And your compiler (clang?) is right, SDLK_KP0 should be defined to
> SDLK_KP_0 instead for SDL2 (don't ask my why they changed that, maybe
> for consistency with the other keyboard definitions?).

Yes, Xcode uses clang. I did find some of the new definitions (like SDLK_KP_0) when I searched online. However, for some reason, it is not finding the SDLKey definition that is in keymap.h when I compile Hatari.

> The (technically) interesting part here is that with SDL1, the
> "scancode" mapping never worked with OS X, if I remember clearly
> (i.e. you had to use the symbolic mapping and adapt non-english
> keyboards with keymapping files).

Yes, I had to use symbolic mapping in OS X. Since I have a US English keyboard, I only used keyboard mapping to map those keys that are not available on the OS X keyboard but are on the ST’s keyboard (Help and Undo).

At this point, I am hoping one of the OS X maintainers has the time to work on the SDL 2 adaptations. If not, I will try to find time to work on it. Since you have already committed the first SDL 2 changes, are you planning to have SDL 2 support available in 1.8.1?

Bob C