Re: [hatari-devel] Things still remaining before v1.8 release?

Le 06/08/2014 09:31, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 06/08/2014 01:24, Teemu Hukkanen a écrit :

To sum up, even after a license change, the CAPS library is not Free
Software.

I know about this, SPS wanted to prevent modifications by other people
who could use SPS to ship it with their own commercial product after
adding their own sampling format. So yes, 5.1 is a little more
restrictive than 4.2

But I think 4.2 can be included in many distributions as it's based on
MAME licence. Maybe not debian directly, but perhaps many derivatives
such as ubuntu or others RPM based distro.

In all cases, the binary library can be downloaded on sps site.

BTW, isn'it already possible to add such program to the non-free repository of debian ? For example, I see flash player is available this way, and it's far from being free software :)