Re: [hatari-devel] 1.8.0 Video recording cropping

Le 04/08/2014 22:41, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
> In fact, I also see the problem : when the 2nd line was added, the
> overall total height of the windows was not increased, so both Hatari
> 1.7 and Hatari 1.8 have a window of the same size, but as Hatari 1.8
> has 1 extra line, this remove 12 pixels from the real Atari's screen
> :(

That mistake (with magic values) is in several places:
- configuration.c
- options.c
- resolution.c

> The solution is to increase the window's height by 12 pixels, I will
> have a look at this.

I commited a fix to it.

> > On keskiviikko 06 elokuu 2014, Thomas Huth wrote:
> schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >> Well, it's true it's not always intuitive. 592 gives similar results
>> as hatari 1.7.0, but it would have been better if the height measured
>> only the Atari's screen height, without counting the status bar.
>> This way, adding 2 or 3 lines in status bar would not have required
>> to change the max height value.
>
> IIRC this old behaviour even was on purpose - if the user had a monitor
> with a fix resolution, e.g. 800x600, the max height value should really
> limit the Atari screen and the statusbar together.

The purpose of that option is that user gives the max resolution Hatari
can use, and Hatari calculates what fits into that: zooming, borders,
statusbar...

User specifying that was more necessary before SDL 1.2.14 which provided
a function to query currect screen resolution (which can be used to give
an upper bound on resolution Hatari can succesfully request i.e. to avoid
assert).

With SDL 1.2.14 or newer, max resolution setting is still useful,
for for user to specify:
- smaller (max) fullscreen resolution & window size for performance reasons
- suitable (smaller than whole screen) size for Falcon emulation window size

> With the huge displays nowadays, this might not be a problem anymore,
> but still, I also don't think that we should change that behaviour
> inbetween.

The main problem is that too small max resolution is saved into
user's existing Hatari config files.  Although I updated the new
defaults, that doesn't help if user has a saved config file.

Suggestions?