|Re: [hatari-devel] OSX dialogs in fullscreen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: "hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] OSX dialogs in fullscreen
- From: Bob Carpenter <bcripon89@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:19:23 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=WE0i0XIV4dhE5zm9H1dZ2dD/UJnoAw+C5YUfSOHA4Oo=; b=tdBXhVLx2r4KVaxAwwxgXtNRUUyU5GpLpt4aT7wOmU5q8lAl0zV5bOH1YLm5zVBNX+ 9x7+/e8ORO3kDVpGFtY49+xRCHU2g5RHw71BJN40KgAgf0QvgDztJ3hW117uSpwy+Ou+ sWR927iwyzJwLS4GLPjSaaSP6kVFj848prZ9JquZ3wPlKI/pZPJMkiYta0r3HErFHhUr KHGGJH0sdiQ/riWBvvyv8GFNtBKcp3fHowgYiBFNC4/X271ewU2LycbveNKsHA5Rsr+b kSaYNA7zuLipgYh7WC6n9jhQASfUJGyGnIRZgRqMImy9VXAVDZZ3WddzC0HSH0AEhh5y c5/A==
I'm not an OS X developer. However, to me, it appears that SDL (and most games) use a full screen mode that's incompatible with the standard OS X alerts and dialogs. That's my guess why most games have their own alerts that are totally different in look than the system. I'm betting that SDL isn't creating a window in the traditional OS X sense. I don't know if SDL 2.0 is any different in this respect.
I think either of your alternative solutions would work fine. However, I have no idea how much work it would be for Jerome to implement any of them. I would love to learn OS X development but, for my job, I would need to learn .Net first.